Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And summer turns to fall...


Well, I'm wrapping up my full time work at CFPA, squeezing in some vacations and getting ready to start up what is sure to be a crazy fall semester!

CFPA has asked me to stay on as a part-timer during the fall, which I am very excited about. I can continue on a project that I can hopefully turn into my individual leadership project for the fellows program too. I'm looking into the impact that scratch cooking (preparing and cooking whole ingredients) in school kitchens has on nutritional quailty of the food, the cost of the meal, and student participation rates. There are a few districts I hope to work with, and I'll really get to lead this project, which is of course exciting!

On a personal note, I was in Alaska last week with my sister. We visited our uncle who lives up in North Pole and spent some time playing outside, including backpacking in Denali National Park. We saw a bear, but he was far away on the other side of the river!

I'm at work this week (past the 12 week mark - but working full time still since school hasn't started yet...) and then off to Kentucky next week for my boyfriend's family vacation. We'll be on a houseboat for a week, which I'm very much looking forward too. We also get to do a layover in either end in Nashville (where I'm from), so that's going to be fun to see family and friends.

Looking forward to catching up soon!

Markell

No comments:

Post a Comment